Ring in the New Year with Fancy Shrimp Sautéed in Beer Butter BBQ Sauce
There’s no better way to send off the past year and count down to the new one than by sharing a delicious meal with friends. Whether you’re throwing a last-minute celebration or sit-down dinner, this fancy shrimp dish will impress your guests.
Ingredients (Serving Size: 4)
- 4 tablespoons plus 4 sticks (1 pound) salted butter, softened, divided
- 6 tablespoons minced shallots
- 6 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons Pickapeppa sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs of shrimp
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 can of Island Coastal Lager
- 1⁄2 portion of the BBQ Butter
- Parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
For the barbecue butter, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a small sauté pan on medium-low. Add the shallots and garlic; put lid on and sauté until soft (not brown). Spread this mixture out on a plate and refrigerate.
Place the remaining butter in the bowl, and whip with an electric mixer until it’s light and fluffy. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add lemon juice, rosemary, paprika, thyme, Pickapeppa sauce, salt, black pepper, and cayenne, along with the cooled shallot mixture. Whip on high for another minute. Divide mixture in half, cutting half of it into chunks; set aside. Save the other half of mixture for future use in recipes.
Season the shrimp lightly with the Creole seasoning. Set a large, heavy skillet or sauté pan on medium-high heat. When hot, add the oil and 2 tablespoons of salted butter. When the butter foams, add the seasoned shrimp and sauté quickly for 2 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for 1 minute.
Add the beer and reduce by half. Turn down the heat to medium-low. Make sure there is enough reduced liquid to keep the temperature at a simmer. Whisk all the chunks of BBQ butter into the simmering beer and stir until the mixture has a creamy consistency.